Sunday, April 24, 2005

Spent afternoon in Regents Park with Armand and Andy, having the usual silly desultory conversation. Armand got quite ill - his temperature started to soar at the end of the walk. Started with a splendid lunch that Armand cooked - tongue with parsley and gherkins. The evening's entertainment was to be a film at the Rio- the Edukators - so I was easily excused. I have a bit of a problem with Andy and Armand's group of friends. I dont want to become absorbed into it. I want to remain in control of who my friends are, and when friends go off and make new friends it is not good enough for them to presume that I will naturally want to spend time with them. I dont particularly like Dan's friends either, or even Chris's. If there is to be any expansion of my friendship base, it makes sense that I decide that, not them. Trouble is its a tricky subject to discuss with friends - so one ends up not discussing it at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home